Inverter is a common device on the vehicle. With it, DC can be converted to 220V AC. In this way, we can use some common appliances on the vehicle, such as mobile phone charger, notebook computer, small fridge, etc. As an off-road vehicle, inverter is more essential.
As an electric appliance used in the car, the safety of the vehicle inverter is very important. Because the design and use of the product is reasonable or not, it is not only related to the safety of electric appliances and vehicle lines, but also on the safety of vehicle driving and personal safety from a higher point of view.
Security issues to be considered in design
1. Metal shell must be selected: Vehicle inverter because of high power, high heat, if the internal heat can not be released in time, it will affects the life of the components, more worse catch fire. Metal shell, on the one hand, has good heat dissipation characteristics, and on the other hand, it will not burn. The product of the plastic shell is best not to be chosen. On the market, some products in order to save cost, 150W and even 175W products use plastic shell, such products, even add the fan to help heat, also do not recommend, because the fan is increasing the noise in the use, affect the use of comfort and short yhe work life, which reduces the whole machine. Reliability, if it stops one day, the consequences will be serious.
2. In order to drive safety, we must choose the split type product, do not choose the integrated product. There are four defects of the integrated product. First, because the car outlet is not very deep, the weight of the integral inverter is concentrated in the rear, the bump in the car is easy to shake off the inverse transformer or cause the bad contact of the plug. Second, integrated inverter plug in the smoke device socket, the rear of the longer, plug in electrical appliances, exposing will be longer, will affect the right hand shift operation, which is closely related to the safety of traffic, pay attention to. Third, as the plug is directly inserted on the cigarette lighter socket, the rear end of the integrated inverter can not be used, and only with the plug-in board. Fourth, the integral shell is plastic, everyone knows the plastic is not resistant to high temperature, so the part of the inverter and the cigarette outlet contact part if the high current will produce high temperature, resulting in the whole type inverter head deformation or melting, and serious fire. Based on the above reasons, both the use of security and the use of convenience can not be used in one type of inverter, but a metal shell type inverter should be selected.
3. The inverter with 150W power must match the battery clamp line: the automobile cigarette lighter fuse is usually 15A, only suitable for the electrical appliances with rated power below 150W. More than 150W, you must use the battery clip line to take electricity directly from the battery, otherwise you will burn the car wiring and fuse.
4. The output waveform is sine wave or sine wave product. The output waveforms of the pure square wave output are very steep along the rising and falling edges, and the positive maximum value to the negative maximum is almost simultaneously produced at the same time, thus causing severe instability to the load and the inverter itself. At the same time, its load capacity is poor, and can not carry inductive load. If the load is too large, the three harmonic components contained in the square wave current will increase the capacitive current in the load, which will damage the power filter capacitance of the load.
5. It must have the function of over temperature alarm and over temperature protection. With high power electrical appliances, the inverter will produce a lot of heat, if the temperature is too high, one is to affect the normal life of the inverter, two is the danger of the fire, and the three is to touch the hand if you don\'t know it. The inverter with over temperature protection function can send out the alarm at about 70 degrees temperature and stop work automatically, cut off the output, thus protecting the safety of the inverter and the safety of the personnel in the car.
6. The input must be under under voltage protection.
7. The input overvoltage protection, output overload protection and output short circuit protection are also essential for protecting the inverter itself.